STAND NUMBER: 1960
PackBenefit (formerly Oneworld Packaging)
Oneworld Packaging is proud to present the product that will revolutionate the packaging in the Take Away Industry.
This is a new concept of compostable containers mostly made with cellulose that ticks all the boxes to become a real alternative to traditional materials .
• Oxygen Barrier (if needed).
• Heat sealable.
• Similar barriers as PP and CPET.
• Cool to touch .
Even if there are other compostable-bio containers already in the market, ours are the first certified OK-COMPOST made with fibres of cellulose and coated with an inner film providing the right barriers to extend the shelf life of the food so we are able to face at the same time two of the main issues of the industry today :
1. The impact of the packaging waste in the environment (our trays can be recycled with the organic waste or with the paper stream waste)
2. The problem of the food waste.
We have two different ranges of products:
1. Bio trays but non 100% compostable (coated internally with standard films) .
a. Good oxygen and CO2 barriers depending on the film used
c. Food contact suitability up to 175C for 120 minutes (OM6 and OM7 tests)
d. Performance tests passed in the oven up to 180C
e. Sealable with compatible films
f. It can be recycled with the paper waste
2. 100 % compostable certified trays made with cellulose and a coating (laminated natural film). This is a great innovation and we are the first company in the world manufacturing ta product with the following features:
a. Similar barriers as PP or CPET.
d. Food contact suitability up to 175C for 120 minutes (OM6 and OM7 tests)
e. Performance tests passed in the oven up to 150C
f. Sealable with compatible films
g. It can be recycled with organic waste (to make compost or biogas)or with waste paper .
h. At the same time the food waste is reduced by 40% in comparation with other compostable solutions with the absence of the right barriers to extend the shelf life of the food